- Northeast Alabama Community College - Aspen Institute-recognized Top American Community College that offers academic transfer and career tech programs. TheBestSchools.org, "2013: No. 20 Community Colleges in the US." CNN Money, "2012: No. 15 Community College in the Country."
- Earnest Pruett Center for Technology (EPCOT) is the number one high school technical program in Alabama
and is adjacent to Jackson County Industrial Park.
- School systems consistently rank in top 20% of the State of Alabama, and above state and national average on SAT scores.
- Per-pupil expenditure is approximately 35% above Alabama average.
- Over two-thirds of Jackson County and
Scottsboro City classroom teachers have attained a Masters degree or
higher educational level.
- Both public systems are accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges
- Both have on-going
technical preparation courses at the high school level, and both offer dual-enrollment.
- Northeast Alabama Community College (NACC) offers technical and
industrial training and Focused Industry Training (FIT) is available at both NACC and EPCOT.
- The Alabama Technology Network (ATN)
on NACC campus as a resource to assist businesses and industries in
Northeast Alabama to remain globally competitive. Local contact: Ronnie Kisor, (256) 638-8968
- Impact Learning
Center: Impact Learning Center, the workforce
development arm of the Greater Jackson County Chamber of Commerce, offers
specialized computer training and adult education.
- Alabama's Industrial Development Training Institute offers customized, no-cost, pre-employment training programs for new and expanding industries. This program has proven itself as one of the nation's best in terms of training for low turnover and absenteeism (averages less than 2% of trainees hired).
Scottsboro City School System
Jackson County School System
Earnest Pruett Center of Technology (EPCOT)
Northeast Alabama State Community College (NACC)
University of Alabama in Huntsville
University of Tennessee in Chattanooga
Alabama A&M University
Gadsden State Community College
Drake Technical College
Other public and private colleges
within a one-hour drive.