- Jackson County is uniquely situated in the Mountain-Lake Region of Alabama near key major markets and is located one hour from Chattanooga, TN, 45 minutes from Huntsville, AL, and two hours from Birmingham, AL and Nashville, TN.
- The scenic beauty of Jackson County is truly remarkable with its picturesque mountains, vast natural lands, scenic waterways and an abundance of caves, springs and rocky bluffs.
- The county’s multi-modal transportation infrastructure, which includes access to interstate highways, mainline rail service, and navigable waterways, allows business and industry to reach customer markets quickly and efficiently.
- With a strong K-12 school system, as well as the leading technical education program in Alabama and proximity to major colleges and universities, Jackson County offers a highly skilled workforce, along with the resources to provide advanced employee training for businesses/industry in the county.
- Jackson County’s business costs are very competitive and are enhanced by available local incentives to offset additional expenses for businesses in the county, and the cost of living is 13.5% lower than the national average.
- Crime rate is 25% of the national average.
- TVA offers competitive electric rates for manufacturers and has achieved 99.999% reliability every year since 2000.
- Average wages are 11% lower than the State of Alabama average.
- Manufacturing has a very strong presence in Jackson County, with approximately 5,000 workers or 25% of the workforce employed in the manufacturing sector.
- The Earnest Pruett Center for Technology (EPCOT) is the number one high school technical program in Alabama.
- Northeast Alabama Community College has been hailed as one of America's Top Community Colleges. TheBestSchools.org, "2013: No. 20 Community Colleges in the US;" CNN Money, "2012: No. 15 Community College in the Country;" and The Aspen Institute, "2013: The Top 10% of all Community Colleges in the nation."
- Unclaimed Baggage, Alabama’s number one retail tourist destination, sells unclaimed baggage attracting treasure hunters and casual shoppers from all over the country.